How to improve your vision – four simple ways
- We have to realize that wearing glasses makes our eyes weaker. They are beneficial if we wear them only when we need to. For example, do not wear glasses as soon as you wake up in the morning and remove them before you go to bed. Only use them when you need to see something in the distance or if you need to read something if you are far-sighted.
- Blinking often, a minimum of 10 times a minute, will help the muscles to strengthen and relax and also keep the eyes moist, thus keeping them healthy.
- Doing simple exercises like sun gazing, eye wash and palming regularly will help in the long run.
- Healthy eating habits such as including raw food once in your daily diet are useful.
Ten factors that cause your vision weak:
- The exhausted feeling in your eyes after a long day of reading or working on the computer.
- With the use of glasses and contact lenses everyday from the time you get up till the time you go to bed, you will feel that your vision is getting worse every year.
- The natural aging process; when a person gets older, it becomes difficult to read books.
- Lack of outdoor activities and sports as a growing child.
- Forcing your eyes to see something very far or near.
- Bad eating habits.
- Staring at the computer screen and books and not blink
- Sitting too close while watching the television and not blinking.
- Reading a book while lying in bed.
- Stress and being physically unwell.
The course followed at Akshi Vision Therapy
- A progressive program of vision exercises performed under supervision until one excels in them.
- Individualized to fit the visual needs of each patient.
- A help for patients in developing or improving fundamental visual skills and ability.
- Known to improve visual comfort, ease and efficiency.
- A treatment that also changes how a patient processes or interprets visual information.
- Not only responsible for correcting vision, but also healing many other diseases in the body as well as in the mind.
Why does one need vision therapy?
Having a daily routine of eye exercises is becoming more relevant these days with the dramatic onset of computer use and overall close up work required for students and professionals. Eye exercises help to maintain healthy vision, reduce or eliminate the effects of eye strain and ultimately help preserve good eyesight.
What is vision therapy?
Vision therapy, also known as visual training, is a set of techniques aimed at correcting and improving visual problems. It is a highly effective, non surgical treatment for many common eye related problems.
Alternatives to vision therapy
Glasses or contact lenses have recurring costs for a lifetime. Every year after an eye check-up you will be advised to order a new pair, which can be very expensive. Once you become dependent on them, you cannot do anything without them. These do not improve your vision; they only support a physical ailment, so it is eventually not a solution to your problem.
Lasik surgery is expensive and there is no guarantee that you will not need glasses or contact lenses afterwards. Many people find that initially Lasik works, but after a few years, you need to wear glasses again. Not to mention all the nasty side effects that one may experience after Lasik such as dry and scratchy eyes, haloes around bright objects, glare and difficulties driving at night.
Radial Keratotomy is the first laser therapy of its kind. It involves cutting the cornea in a spike-like pattern, resulting in a flatter surface, thus improving the focusing ability. This surgery is also expensive but it does not guarantee any improvement in vision or a long lasting positive effect on eyesight.
Intacs are corneal implants made of polymer, similar to the material used for contacts. It is very recent research. Here, through surgery the cornea is reshaped. This again is very expensive and its lasting effects on vision are still under examination.